Some special words,I grew up listening

From nursery to this age,I though grew up listening many words obviously,but the thing that was dominant of all,was inspirational talks by my father.He is the man,for whom my education&career was his first priority,&believed that it should be my priority as well.Though he never forced any subject or course of his choice&always was an open-minded dad, who was ready to accept me in any profession except engineering,tourism& transferrable jobs.
I still remember those days,specially in the month of march&april,when in newspapers,result of students propped up who topped in different board exams & the struggles they made to achieve it. Whenever he read that infront of me,one thing which came consistently in my mind that may Inshallah one day my name also be displayed there,making him as well as my mom proud.With that feeling,I asked him eagerly in my innocent voice,"papa!what do you think,will I ever achieve any good position in those boards?",after which he smiled&always told me,"yes ofcourse,if you do your work  consistently,inshallah one day you'll achieve something very good in life."
His consistent words from then till yet,which never changed,are"hardwork pays." He always said to be self-sufficient & self-dependent in life&for that education is the only source.Good Education is the only thing which gives you respect everywhere,even in the house of your in-laws.With all these words,he always use to add,"I'm neither #Birla nor #Tata & doesn't have such huge property to give you as heritage,the only thing I can provide you with is a good education&lots of blessings,but to achieve something good in your life is in your hands only. He further added, which shook me to the bottom,that he can walk with me to a certain distance but not till the end. The rest of the journey has to be completed by me."Moreover,he says"work-hard in your youth&adolescence so that you can rest in your old age peacefully.
Honestly speaking,I have listened many inspirational speeches,yet my father's speech remains the best.Sometimes motivational&sometimes thought provoking.
-Fauzia Afreen

Comments

Popular Posts