As You Leave, You Leave Me With Complexities

Whenever,I visit railway stations,
Mostly to see-off or even sometimes to receive.
Or even at times enjoying,
Your most vulnerable&comfortable journey,
I gets opportunity to have a meet with so many of you.
.
Honestly I doesn't feel so much void& futile,
When it's time for me to enjoy travelling.
But if it's an occasion of see-off& recieval,
You apprehend me in so many complexities.
.
The complete atmosphere of arrival& departure schedule,
Announced in the feministic voice.
Your hellos&good-byes,
From every platform.
Your new different lucrative names,
Like Vikram-Shila exp,black-diamond exp,
Shatapdi exp,Rajdhani exp etc.
Enchants me,allure me deep inside.
Awakening my long slept adventurous greed.
.
Those red metallic energetic engine,
Attached along with huge blue boxes or apartments.
Characterised into many sections,
AC 3-tire,First class,AC chair car,sleeper class.
Beautifully written in or yellow,
On the boards assigned.
Leaves me to go through a million thoughts in a go.
.
Since childhood till yet,
Looking at you&getting enchanted,
Hearing about some tourism plans with you,
&getting extremely excited,
Comes in those few things which never changed.
Your delayed arrival made me upset,
&the moment sat on your seat,
A total impatient look with an innocent question,
'Papa train kb khulegi?'Arrived.
Your seats seemed my cradle.
&your window-seat,a reason of fight amongst we cousins.
.
By looking at you,
The thoughts which never missed to visit were,
"What all you went through?"
"What all beauties&miscue have you seen?"
"Whom all you have separated from loved ones,
&whom you reunited again with those nears&dears?"
.
Along with questions,
Perceptions also were made.
Symbolising it sometimes lucky,
Lucky to travel so many places.
Lucky to meet so many people.
Lucky to bear so many seasons.
Lucky to admire so many gifts of nature,
By crossing fields river hills&dessert,
&those highly framed bridges which gives a fascinating look. &lucky for everything it owns.
.
But now,I understand,
We are more lucky than you.
As you are just subjected to one place only ending up getting bored.
But we could roam anywhere we want.
-Fauzia Afreen

Comments

Popular Posts