Night of A Young Soul
















The calm, lonely night crept in stealthily.
It was almost midnight, but eyes are still wide-awake.
I sat beside my window, in that loose gown.
It seems bright moon smiling at me,
Mild, gentle breeze kissing my skin.

As the night carries on its journey,
Different feelings inculcated in me.
My memory flew on the wings of time to the days of crawling, toddling, walking & running.
The soft music through my eardrum,
penetrated deep into my soul.

Those were the moments of loneliness,
Moments those are mine, far from din & bastle.
Moment in which thousands of thoughts gush in together.
At one point, I start loosing in the thoughts of someone special,
As his memories infuse new life into my redeem soul.

That silence sometimes seems peaceful but others painful.
Besides that, hunger in the night is painful too,
A mug of coffee & beautiful novel subsidises both.
Eventually, time passed & dawn crept in,
With my mom's caresome scold
"still awake! now immediately go to bed".
-Fauzia Afreen

Comments

Popular Posts