Child-Hood: Best Days Of Life













My memory flew on the wings of time to days of,
Crawling, toddling, walking & running.
The best phase of my life,
Days of innosence, freedom, savagery & vulnerability.

It really constitutes a short span,
But every child's heart desperately desires for its declination,
& introduction to the days of adolescence & adult-hood.
Days of Responsiblities, seriousness, & constrains .

These are the days, when little angel is loved & cared by all.
Dreams life as a world of fantasies.
Small petty stuffs means a lot which makes them excited.
& life seems a simplified puzzle.

The little one, now, is depicted as a wet clay.
Keen observations become the major source of knowledge.
He remains miles away from the disgrace of hatred & discriminations.
& gets attracted to anyone who showers love.

As I move into the lane of beautiful memories,
I remember those horse-rides on my dad's back,
& the satisfaction which I percieved in sitting on his chest.
Those arms lifted me highest to give thrill of swing.

I still remember the day when,
He rescued me from dogs of play-school.
Oh! how much i was horrified & wept wehemently hugging him,
& lately, he made our friendship.

I remember those days when,
Without mom's stories, I unable to sleep.
The warmth of her slight vibrating lap,
Can only shift me to the world of dreams.

The days, when I joined him to bazaar,
& demanded him my fav snacks & toys subsequently.
I thank him for becoming my companion in game,
& never letting me feel the emptiness of a lone child.

It makes me nostalgic when I remember,
The day when I recited 'Sare jahan se achcha' in book-fair mela,
Which my dad made me learn.
That day he was a proud father of a 6yr old.

The days when I protested each night for stories,
Which was piously started by mom 
But never ended yet.
As I was far away in my sweet dreams.

The days of my second standard,
When I scored 1st position for the 1st time,
& scoring first-prize in Joker-race(2nd std),
Are the mesmerising days.

The beautiful days of my life.
Days when I was sweet, cute & obedient chap.
Oh! beautiful days, plz come back & stay.
Is the biggest urge from an adolescent soul.
-Fauzia Afreen

Comments

Popular Posts